Thursday, March 18, 2010

Please pray for Carys

Right around the time that I found out that we had problems with this pregnancy, I also heard that a friend I had made here in Hong Kong, Donna, was going through her own struggle. I met this friend through Lana. Her daughter Carys is a few months younger than Lana (I think she's around 14 months old now). At Carys' one year check up in January, Donna asked the doctor about a small lump in her abdomen, she though it was perhaps just a bowel blockage. After some tests, they found out out it was stage 3 neuroblastoma - cancer. Faced with this news, Donna and her family have relocated back to Melbourne to have treatment there. Carys is now on her 2nd round of chemotherapy. Donna's started a blog here where she is sharing Carys' struggle through this. Please pray for Carys, that the treatment will be successful and that she will have a full recovery. And please pray for the Donna and Ian, and also their older son Tane, that they will all have the strength to go through this horrible time.

2 comments:

  1. This is so sad...I will keep them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really sad.. I hope little Carys can stay strong and get through this.

    ReplyDelete