Monday, April 11, 2011

Counting Down

I know I have been horribly slack with updating this blog lately! There are a few reasons for that:

1. Maddy's condition is so stable and there is little to report, medically wise. Unlike when she was in NICU and when she first came home from hospital, our doctors visits are much more infrequent now and so there is little "news" in that area.

2. I've been very busy these past few weeks, I don't think I've mentioned on here before but I've started studying again after a few year break. I had actually enrolled in a full time Diploma of Education before I found out I was pregnant with Lana, but pregnancy and parenthood put a stop on that! After Maddy was born, I decided it was better for me to pursue this degree via distance education at just one subject a semester instead of four. Yes, it will take me six years to complete a 1.5 year degree - but I'm doing it! My first assignment was due in today and so I've been working on that a lot over the past few weeks. Putting so much time into writing THAT left me little inspired to write some more on my blog!

3. We are also busy counting down the days until we are flying back to Australia! As a follow up to my last post two weeks ago, everything ended up being approved in time, the doctor corrected the mistake in the form and the airline accepted it and Maddy will have access to oxygen on board (just in case - we aren't planning to use it, even though we had to pay for it!). We will be back before Easter and will be there for nearly six weeks in total which we are all SO looking forward to. This is my first time back since Lana was 10 months old and Bernard's first time back since she was 2 months old. Lana is now 30 months old - so it's been way too long for all of us! 

So now that I've finished my assignment, the next week will be full of lots of pre-departure fun for us. We have two mornings of swimming since we need to catch up LOTS of lessons with being away for so long! Both Maddy and I have physio (Maddy may have physio twice), I have a couple of last minute meet ups with friends, a dentist appointment (I wouldn't have scheduled it in now except that Lana was learning about dentists at school and so I think maybe I should take advantage of that and schedule her visit now instead of later) - plus I need to pack for at least three and maybe four of us ;) (although Bernard is awesome in making sure we have all our chargers/cameras/computers etc - I wouldn't know where to start with all that stuff! Plus he's already printed out a list of what we need to pack.)

Before I sign off, I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of Maddy that are already a month old but I'm just slow these days ;)



5 comments:

  1. So much on your plate right now...no worries just glad to hear all is well with you all. Congratutlations on pursuing for your diploma of education that can be time consuming as well. Thanks for updating:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that you are finally going home. Have a good time in Australia!
    Thanks for the pictures, her smile is so cute :)

    Liseli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddy is sooo cute...I'm really starting to see bits of Lana in her, which I hadn't seen before =) I hope you find time to blog once or twice while you're in Australia. 6 weeks will be a long time with no update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!!! I am soooo happy for you guys. Have a wonderful trip. You deserve it so much. I am sure you will have a great time... and the escape from HK will help re-energise you too. *does the dance of joy*
    Those photos of Maddy are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6 sleeps to go!!! Nanny and Grandad can hardly wait to hold you Maddy. I know we will have such a great time with you all. Lana is at the age where she will really enjoy her time. Looking forward to just spending precious time with each of you.

    ReplyDelete