Sunday, September 19, 2010

When Sisters Meet


I mentioned in my last post that I was thinking of asking the doctors whether Lana and Maddy would be able to meet, but I wasn't particularly optimistic knowing how strict the hospital system is over here. Well yesterday when I was at the hospital, my favourite doctor was there and he was quite chatty, so I figured I'd ask him - and he asked the nurses, and they set it up so that Lana could meet Maddy today!! It's technically not really "allowed" so they had to move Maddy to an isolation room around the back, and they set up all her monitors over there, and then Lana had to use the back entrance - but for the first time in Maddy's life, our family was all together :) 


Lana was very gentle with Maddy and seemed quite fascinated by her, and Maddy had big grins for Lana too. I'm so happy that they were able to spend some time together - even though it wasn't for particularly long. I'm looking forward to watching them grow up together and play together in the years to come :) 

6 comments:

  1. Just the title of this post made me misty-eyed!! I'm SO happy Lana got to meet Maddy. And I pray for the days when Lana can go visit her every single day, and beyond that, when they aren't "visits" anymore because Maddy will be home =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that Lana finally got to meet Maddy. I know how hard this has been for all of you. Lots of prayers heading your way.

    Love and hugs,

    Danette Baker
    Morquio adult
    Spokane Washington

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joyous moments! Beautiful pictures, wonderful family! Glad to see you all happy and smiling! Lots of blessings ! Maddy is precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful family! So glad the sisters finally got to meet. Love those cheeks on Maddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nic, just catching up on your blog. I hadn't read up in a few days. LOVED seeing the family pictures. The girls are so sweet together. I'm so happy they were finally able to meet. Still praying for you all.

    Kimberly (littlegal)

    ReplyDelete